Your Photography Experience - the journey from start to finish
To book a session all you need to do is contact me via email. I will get back to you to arrange a pre session phone consultation to get all the relevant information about what you would like from your session and discuss clothing. Once a suitable date, time and location for the shoot have been agreed, a non refundable fee of £ 120 will need to be paid to confirm the booking. When booking a photography session you agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated on this website. Please read through these before our session, as they contain important information.
When you arrive for your photography session I will lead your child to engage with the activity/activities we have chosen and you will be able to watch your child being photographed or go for a walk in the surrounding area. I will quietly direct and encourage your child all the way through the session to get the very best from them and capture the best light. I will be guided by their capabilities so that they feel comfortable and at ease. I will take as many photographs as I feel I need to get some truly special images for you. Photographic session times vary depending on the child and particularly their age; they can last between 60 and 90 minutes.
Your images (approximately 20) will be ready to view two to three weeks after your session date on an online password-protected gallery on my website. Before you see your images I will have gone through all the photographs taken in your session and selected the very best ones for you to view. I will have then spent time working on them to ensure you see them at their finest. They will be enhanced in a subtle way and lightly edited in order to maintain a natural style whilst making sure your child looks their best. When you view your images you will see them in a selection of colour and black and white finishes.
Your images will be available to view online for one week. In exceptional circumstances I will upload them again for an additional seven days, for which a £20 administration fee will be charged. I am of course more than happy to offer help with choosing your images.
It’s at this point that you can decide which package you may want to purchase.
3 high-resolution, professionally edited digital image downloads of your choice, without watermarks - download directly to your computer and devices.
- 5 high-resolution, professionally edited digital image downloads of your choice, without watermarks - download directly to your computer and devices.
- 5 matching 6 x 8" photo prints of your chosen images
- Whole collection of high-resolution, professionally edited digital image downloads, without watermarks - download directly to your computer and devices.
- 10 6 x 8" photo prints of your chosen images
In addition to each package, digital copies can be bought for £45 per image.
It is very important to me that you enjoy your photographs and therefore that they are displayed rather than kept in a drawer. I can organise framing for your photographs, having your photographs printed onto photo blocks or canvas or even create a beautiful album that you will treasure for ever.
- What time will the session start?
- The best times for a photoshoot are either early morning or as late as possible in the afternoon. This is particularly important if it is a sunny day. Shooting in the middle of the day with the sun out means more time spent looking for open shade and more flattering light. So, we try to avoid the middle of the day if it is going to be a very sunny. Its also important to consider when the children are at their best and not tired or hungry! Early morning shoots tend to start around 9am (but can do earlier!) and late afternoon shoots usually start at around 2pm in the Winter or after 5pm in the Summer.
- Where will the photo shoot take place?
- My photographic "studio" is the Common around Linchmere as it is an area that I know very well. I know the most photogenic spots, the signs of the changing seasons and where the best light is at different times of the day and year. However, if you would like the shoot to take place in your garden, I will be happy to come to you but will need to do a recce beforehand.
- What happens if my child is unwell?
- If you or your child is ill, just call or email me and we will organise a new date for your session. There is no point struggling through a session feeling ill. It is important that your child feels his/her best so I can get a beautiful set of images for you.
- What happens if it rains on the day of the shoot?
- Grey weather is not a problem for a shoot, it is actually preferable to very sunny weather but rain on the day means we will need to reschedule the shoot.
- Why are we going to discuss what to wear before the shoot?
- What a child is wearing is just as important as all the other portrait details, such as lighting, location, and framing. Poorly-selected clothing can really take away from an otherwise great portrait when well chosen clothes will dramatically impact on the overall look, mood and feel of the photos. Muted colours will be privileged and colours will be chosen to compliment the surroundings in each season. I do have a selection of clothes in various sizes that can be rented for photo shoots.
- Can I copy the photographs I have purchased?
- Veronique Sampson Photography retains full copyright of all images taken at your photographic session, which means it is a criminal offence to copy, scan, photocopy, reproduce, or email any of the images purchased unless you have paid for digital files and have a licence to print. Please see terms and conditions.
- I would like to have a family portrait taken. Can you accommodate this?
- I mainly specialise in individual children's portraits but I am happy to photograph siblings too. If you require a family group session I am happy to recommend specialist family photographers in the area.
- What if I don't want my children photographs online?
- As a photographer, I feel very disappointed if I can’t share my work online or use it for marketing purposes (this could include social media, marketing literature, or this website). My images promote my business and show case my Portrait photography style. However, I also respect that parents have a right to protect their children. There is no law that states that a photographer can’t share your images online but if you have a “no online photos of your child” policy, then it is important that you inform me in writing prior to the shoot where possible and I will respect your wish.